About Me

My photo
I have discovered it is really hard to be Queen in a household with 3 princesses! Somebody is always borrowing my tiara! Well in between hunting my stuff down I am the proclaimed Queen in the Land of fluff (where my husband swears one day that he will die from glitter lung (you get the picture!) Besides that I am a dieting, exercising, crafting, biblestudying kind of girl.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Well we have been busy making Merry - today is the youngest daughter's Christmas program at school. This time of year is so much fun, but it can be a very stressful time of year as well. Our family has started trying to fill a manger with little strips of yellow paper - our "hay" that is written on it the nice things that we do for other people. Everyone seems to be really enjoying this - I am telling you this is a great challenge for Adults!!! It gets you thinking who am I making an impact on today besides the people I live with. (which should be receiving your blessings every day) This has been so wonderful to do -it is a must at least for me each year!
I have had to work hard to come up with nice things to "do" for other people that does not just include "buying" them things. The kids are much better at it than me. You should ready their straw - a sample of them include some of the following (between all 3 of them)
* said please and thank-you all day long
* I helped a lady reach a movie off of a shelf in the store
*carried fire wood inside
*cleaned out the van for mom
*used nice words to everyone
*gave someone a bible
*helped my sister
wow! I am loving the kindness, and the selflessness this activity is producing in our household, and in my kids and my heart! Well this is my update - I will post more later on today. Hope everyone is having a blessed Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails