About Me

My photo
I have discovered it is really hard to be Queen in a household with 3 princesses! Somebody is always borrowing my tiara! Well in between hunting my stuff down I am the proclaimed Queen in the Land of fluff (where my husband swears one day that he will die from glitter lung (you get the picture!) Besides that I am a dieting, exercising, crafting, biblestudying kind of girl.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 30, 2012

Now isn't that pinteresting!

Well today I'm talking popcorn! I tried 2 recipes for popcorn that I had "pinned" from pinterest. The first recipe is: snickers popcorn




The second recipe is: Cinnamon roll popcorn
Now don't those just sound yummy!
However if your like me you would really want to know, how do these recipes really turn out!
Well the Snickers popcorn recipe can be found at: www.cookiesandcups.com
It was so good! My kids would fight you for it.
Side note: the "Snickers popcorn" recipe called for 30 mini snickers bars. I reduced this amount to half. It turned out yummy & I think 30 candy bars would have been to sweet as well as why add the additional calories if they are not needed.








The second recipe I tried was the "Cinnamon roll popcorn". This recipe was originally pinned via "chickabug.com". However the recipe can be found at "www.ourbestbites.com"




This Cinnamon roll popcorn recipe was good. However the recipe had the Carmel prepared in the microwave instead of on the stove, like the recipe above. I was excited to try this method! But at last, I found the texture of the Carmel not as smooth and shiny. But more dull and crumbly. The taste was delicious! The kids did not "love" this recipe but this recipe had pecans and generally my kids don't love pecans.




Side note: I really want to try this recipe again, however next time I will prepare the Carmel the old fashioned way on the stove. I believe that this recipe and the snickers popcorn recipe would make a decadent gift for someone especially around the holidays - if it can last that long around your family that is, to be packed up and gifted.
Both cooks from the blogs "cookiesandcups" and "ourbestbites" have made some amazing improvements to an already delicious Carmel popcorn snack. Please go check out their blogs if you have not already found these two blogs!
I will report back soon on other pins I have tried from Pinterest. Hope you have a good week!

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails