About Me

My photo
I have discovered it is really hard to be Queen in a household with 3 princesses! Somebody is always borrowing my tiara! Well in between hunting my stuff down I am the proclaimed Queen in the Land of fluff (where my husband swears one day that he will die from glitter lung (you get the picture!) Besides that I am a dieting, exercising, crafting, biblestudying kind of girl.
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, July 30, 2010

Book review: One in a Million by Priscilla Shirer

"Taste and see that the Lord is good, Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him!"

Psalm 34:8




This is a wonderful book, for anyone who is in the dessert, or has ever been in the dessert away from God. Wondering "Why? What has happened? God are you still there?"




This book is an encouragement, and it is as refreshing as a cold glass of water on a hot day! This books talks about the Israelites that left Egypt after being in slavery headed to the "promise land" only to wander about the dessert for 40 years. At the end only 2 spies (which comes to about 1 per a million) who thought they could enter the promise land.




This is a great read and if you have not found this book yet, I would take the time to do so! This would also be a great book to do a bible study with and hear from a group of women their perspective on the different chapters, the verses highlighted in this book, and their experiences with following God.




I for one am so glad that I had the opportunity to read this book!


"I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord. Be strong, and let your heart take courage; yes, wait for the Lord"
Psalm 27:13-14


4 comments:

  1. Ooooo.
    I want to read this one.
    Love Pricilla Shirrer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this book at LifeWay the other day. Wish I had of bought it now. Thank for sharing. Be blessed. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to pick this one up! Did you know she is coming to Church of Battle Creek?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading your blog. I just spent another few minutes reading through your last posts and I want you to know how much I appreciate you and your realness. I learn about books I would want to put on my list, especially this latest one. Last winter I did a Bible Study on Exodus, so I know I would love to read your book. Thank you! I can totally relate to your jog and hurting feet. I just got new running shoes too. Thanks for the latest verse you shared and thanks for blessing my day with your blog.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails