About Me

My photo
I have discovered it is really hard to be Queen in a household with 3 princesses! Somebody is always borrowing my tiara! Well in between hunting my stuff down I am the proclaimed Queen in the Land of fluff (where my husband swears one day that he will die from glitter lung (you get the picture!) Besides that I am a dieting, exercising, crafting, biblestudying kind of girl.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I am on the road again..

I have started a journey that is best described by this quote:
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Lao-tzu, The Way of Lao-tzu
Chinese philosopher (604 BC - 531 BC)

It's time to take the road less traveled- at least not successfully towards weight loss.

I just wish that admitting this did not make me "feel" as I failed or was ashamed of myself because I like the me "inside" and I feel like I have not let my entire being go to waste. I maybe overweight but I still do my hair, apply my make-up with care, care for my teeth, use perfume and deodorant, pick out jewelry to wear, and care what clothes I put on my body I have just happened to gain weight while doing all those things. (ugh!!!) I hate when people try to classify overweight people as lazy or not carrying about themselves. I do care about myself - however I have been a little busy oh giving birth to 3 girls, running a household, potty training, running everyone here to there, and I got a little tired and taking care of myself meant taking a long hot bath (by myself-precious! and maybe trying to read a book) . However now my girls are older and I have more time on my hand. So I can now try tackle this challenge.

On the other hand I think I have been in denial about what my my weight change really looks like - however pictures do not lie. I saw a picture the other night of my self that shocked me! I know I look at myself every day as I am getting ready, but this picture was a back view of me -AHHHHHH!!! I had no idea that is how my bottom looked in my Capri's!! (And no no amount of money would make me post that picture - you will just have to take my word on it)

So here I go yesterday was day one of my diet, I like to think of it as one step

Has anyone had a similar struggle, or has started down that road towards weight loss? What has worked for you or what do you recommend?

3 comments:

  1. HI, my name is Rhonda, and I am a food-a-holic.

    I feel for you. I can't even seem to lose weight after I was diagnosed with type II diabetes last year.

    My daughter just had a baby 3 months ago and we are trying to eat healthier. I feel like calling it a diet sets me up for failure. I am calling it my "I want to LIVE" plan!!!

    I am also the Queen of yo-yoing. I lose the same 20 lbs over and over and over!!

    Sugar/Carbs are my enemy. I truly feel like you can be addicted to it! And unlike alcohol or drugs, you can't stay away from food! So whats a chubby chick to do????

    How about we say a prayer for each other and ask God to help us fight the cravings and make better food choices.

    Blessings
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think women are their own worst enemies. I'm sure you don't look as bad as YOU thought in your capris, but, come on, who really looks good in capris. I think you have to have skinny legs. I have my grandmas and moms thighs, thick.
    I have had back pain for 3 years and had surgery almost 2 months ago. I'm so flabby and jiggly in the thighs and butt, its downright depressing!
    My 9 yr old son says, you're flabby! ugh
    Getting back into exercise and eating right is very hard. I think motivation, prayer, and determination all helps. I'm motivated to fit back into my jeans by fall, yet, that doesn't seem to keep my love for dark chocolate or breads from diminishing:)
    I pray you great success on your daily effort on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just did a post similar to this on Monday. I did great "dieting" on Monday, but yesterday I had pizza and ice cream. UGH! I have no self control. At least you put on makeup. I refuse to waste makeup unless I'm going somewhere - so maybe once a week. Sad, but true. I refuse to spend $ on clothes until I can buy a smaller size - so I guess if I gain any more weight, I'll have to walk around in my birthday suit, which wouldn't be good for anyone!

    Your blog is GREAT! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails