About Me

My photo
I have discovered it is really hard to be Queen in a household with 3 princesses! Somebody is always borrowing my tiara! Well in between hunting my stuff down I am the proclaimed Queen in the Land of fluff (where my husband swears one day that he will die from glitter lung (you get the picture!) Besides that I am a dieting, exercising, crafting, biblestudying kind of girl.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What are you drinking?

Well if you have been following my post you will know that I have started a weight loss journey to get into better shape. I did not try to do everything at once I have been doing this for about 8 weeks now, and I have been trying to add baby steps each week.
week one: started to watch my calorie intake
week tw0: started exercising
week three: started to drink 4 glasses of water a day
week four: started to take 2 baby aspirin a week
week 5: started to change up my work out routine
week 6: ordered a bunch of books on dieting, and exercising from the Library
week 7: spring break!

and week 8 (drum roll -please!) I am starting to add 4 glasses of green tea to my diet a day.

Did you know that a Dutch study showed that drinking green tea helped individuals lose weight and inches around their stomach. A japan study also showed that drinking green tea helped in lowering LDL cholesterol-want to read more, check out these sites: Suite101, Livestrong, liftorlife.

So what are you drinking today? Do you have a favorite green tea you love to drink -if so please share!!

3 comments:

  1. My 13yo loves tea so much that she had a teapot on her Christmas wish list. She got one and uses it often. I'm really not much of a tea drinker, but now I'm thinking I should take it up.

    I do love my black coffee and it has health benefits, according to Dr. Oz. I'm not sure it helps with weight loss though.

    Good for you and your new healthier lifestyle. I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drinking water is awfully hard! But I have no choice. I had a kidney infection last week so I try to drink 4 or more glasses of water a day.

    Good luck as you continue your life-changing habits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My liquid intake:
    *Coffee w/ skim milk, cinnamon and 1 T of fat free hazelnut creamer - I measure it out each a.m. just to be sure I stay w/in the limit!
    *Water, water, water
    *Green Tea w/ a splash of heated up skim milk, a shot of honey & cinnamon - this is my go to drink mid-day (w/ caffeine) or decaf on the nights I'm hungry, but shouldn't have anything else to drink
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails