About Me

My photo
I have discovered it is really hard to be Queen in a household with 3 princesses! Somebody is always borrowing my tiara! Well in between hunting my stuff down I am the proclaimed Queen in the Land of fluff (where my husband swears one day that he will die from glitter lung (you get the picture!) Besides that I am a dieting, exercising, crafting, biblestudying kind of girl.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

makeup-haul for spring!

Well I hope everyone had a nice spring break! I had a lovely time, me and my girls got away and went and visited my mom and dad in Louisiana. I love getting the chance to visit over several days and I love that my mom and me get to go shopping together! While I was in Louisiana, I was on the look out for new make-up. In different colors that I would not normally pick. (I shared with you I had been in a make-up rut for about 10 years. Why? you ask, well I was busy being a mom to little kids, and I just did my whole makeup routine on auto pilot, and that does include when I ran out of something I just dashed into the store to buy the very exact thing, grab it and get out!) The above photo is a picture of the lip glosses I bought and tried. I was very excited to get my hands on the N.Y.C. liquid lip shine in the color: sungold pink. (to see a list of more Nars dupes check out this blog called "Mystical makeup and beauty") I had to check several stores to find it. I liked the shade and see where it would be a "keep in your purse must!" since it goes well with both pink, neutral and peachy lipstick. My favorites from this shopping trip was the Revlon lip gloss in any color! They are thick and stay on nice- without being to gummy.
Shown above is the Milani blush in "Luminous" which is also listed on several dupe list as being a dupe for the Nars blush in "Orgasm". I loved this blush!! By the way did I happen to mention I hate trying to buy blush I either get it to dark, or to light. Well this blush stood up to it's reputation - it was not only the perfect color, but it did not commit to being peachy, or pink, so I can wear it with either color palette- Love it!! I also tried the Loreal HIP eyeshadow duo in Mystical 319. I had to go buy this eyeshadow after watching AllthatGlitters21 tutorial on how to use this eyeshadow! I will tell you I had to go to 4 stores before I found this one still in stock in this color. I love this look, it is my main, go to spring eye look! (I also love this tutorial video because you get to see step by step instruction on "how to" apply this look, using eyeshadow brushes. I am new at using eyeshadow brushes so I enjoy seeing how to use them!)

Well I hope this inspires you to try something new, or try applying your makeup in a different way! Spring is here Hooray!!!! Do you change up your make up routine with the changing of the season? Have you changed your make up routine in the last 2 years? Have you discovered the magic of youtube how to videos? If you have a new spring product that you love, I would love to hear about it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails