About Me

My photo
I have discovered it is really hard to be Queen in a household with 3 princesses! Somebody is always borrowing my tiara! Well in between hunting my stuff down I am the proclaimed Queen in the Land of fluff (where my husband swears one day that he will die from glitter lung (you get the picture!) Besides that I am a dieting, exercising, crafting, biblestudying kind of girl.
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, October 17, 2009

I'm back to Modge Podging!


I know my family wishes that I had never found this amazing stuff!!! I simply can not decorate any area in my house without whipping out a jar of Modge Podge. (Between you and me I have started to water down Elmer's glue with a little water, and add a little varnish and off I go!)

The dresser from my middle daughter's room- had no "Personality" so I had to do something about it! After all my middle daughter had been paying attention while I madeover her sister's room in Zebra (see older post). So I started with a plain white dresser (see picture at bottom of post) I painted the top and sides of all the drawers and dresser "Hot Pink!" Well if that does not have personality I'm not sure what does.
Then I modge podged my beach fabric onto the dresser drawer fronts. I had read somewhere to fuse them to wonder under before modge poding. I so So wish that I had not done that step!!! It made it harder to modge podge!!! (The desk was much easier to do because I skipped this step) I just trimmed the fabric and modge podged on. Then added the dresser drawer knobs of my choice.
The middle daughter loves her "new" coordinated furniture! I ofcourse love the price (fabric $15.00 sheet from Target, Dresser drawer knobs $9.99 Target, self made modge podge from Elmer's glue that I bought during back to school shopping for .20 cents a bottle - I used 2 bottles, with some left over. So total price to coordinate a desk, a dresser, and a tv stand $26.00) Now that is my kinda of decorating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails