About Me

My photo
I have discovered it is really hard to be Queen in a household with 3 princesses! Somebody is always borrowing my tiara! Well in between hunting my stuff down I am the proclaimed Queen in the Land of fluff (where my husband swears one day that he will die from glitter lung (you get the picture!) Besides that I am a dieting, exercising, crafting, biblestudying kind of girl.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Say What?????

I was sipping my coffee and watching one of my shows when I heard a commercial be aired on CBS -commercial. This commercial tells our husband or significant other that if you love your wife you should schedule her a "pap smear" for Christmas. "Say what?" this is the worse suggestion ever! In fact I am pretty sure many men could end up injured or sleeping on the couch if they follow this commercials advice. I advised my hubby if I received a "pap smear" appointment for Christmas that he would be receiving a "prostate exam" for Valentine's day.


The second crazy thing I have seen lately (my disclaimer: I love William Sonoma). However when I was browsing their latest magazine and saw that they were selling "crushed" peppermint candy as "peppermint snow" and marketing it for $10.50. I had to laugh. Personally I only use crushed peppermint once a year in my holiday baking. I can buy a bag of "peppermint candy" from $1.00-$2.00. It takes about 15 Min's to unwrap a bag of candy, 2 Min's for me to whip out my rolling pin and smash those little candies into pieces. It is a great way to relieve stress!



Now, it may be said that the person who first saw grated cheese in the grocery store probably thought a similar thought as I had about the crushed peppermint.

Well those are my two observation that I have noted this last week. I hope you are enjoying this holiday season! Lovingly preparing for the holidays, taking a deep breath and remember not to get crazy!

4 comments:

  1. Girl...I love me some Amy Barnes wisdom!

    SO thrilled I'm not the only one who likes to save a penny with a little elbow grease!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pap smear commercial was the topic of discussion at the lunch table at work last week.

    As far as the peppermints go, we can "save" a lot of money by shopping around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm visiting from MBC. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to use the mallet to kill the peppermints. :)
    The rest of the year I beat chicken with it to relieve stress. Ha.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails