About Me

My photo
I have discovered it is really hard to be Queen in a household with 3 princesses! Somebody is always borrowing my tiara! Well in between hunting my stuff down I am the proclaimed Queen in the Land of fluff (where my husband swears one day that he will die from glitter lung (you get the picture!) Besides that I am a dieting, exercising, crafting, biblestudying kind of girl.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Margins- having room for friends!


Margin is having more than what is needed. Once a week I try to report how I am doing, or what I am learning while trying to install, make room, or make adjustments in my life. This last week I have been thinking a lot about my girlfriends! Girlfriends are so important in life, yet they are just a portion of my life. One that can quickly be pushed aside if I am not careful to make sure that I make the time to connect with my girlfriends!
When I had small children (3 under the age of 5) I used to stay in touch with friends mainly by phone calls. I would keep track in my journal the friends I really wanted to stay in contact with and make it a goal that once every 2 weeks I would take the time, to reach out and "touch someone" verbally by placing a call. That meant scheduling!!! All my kids had to go down for naps by a certain time, my cordless phone had to be charged, and I needed use the restroom, and pour myself a large glass of Diet Coke, all before I could make my self comfortable and kick back to a fun conversation.
I also joined a bunko group - it is amazing how quickly a month can fly by when you are so busy chasing little or big kiddos around. (Don't believe me, mark something down on the calendar then try to accurately guess how long it has been since you have seen so and so, or went out to eat alone with your hubby - that is unless you have a standing date already set!)
Now days my kids are older, but I am still in a moms group (One of the most important things I ever did for myself. Scheduled, standing date for a mom, to have a few hours a month off really helps recharge mom's batteries!). I stay in contact also through facebook, as well as the mom's in my mom's group here in town meet for coffee once a week! (That means keeping the schedule open 90% of the time, as well as $5.00 a week in the budget for this outing!) However I am convinced all this purpose full set time is so important!!!

One of my favorite quotes is "Remember, the greates tgift is not found in a store or under a tree, but in the hearts of true friends" by Cindy Lee. Ophrah has said often (back when I used to watch her show) that forgiveness is a gift we give our self. But I believe a friend is a gift we give our self as well! Have you given yourself any gifts lately??????

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree!
    It takes time to be a friend and like everything else you have to schedule it to make it happen. Great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is a great quote - I agree with lagirl, great reminder!

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails