About Me

My photo
I have discovered it is really hard to be Queen in a household with 3 princesses! Somebody is always borrowing my tiara! Well in between hunting my stuff down I am the proclaimed Queen in the Land of fluff (where my husband swears one day that he will die from glitter lung (you get the picture!) Besides that I am a dieting, exercising, crafting, biblestudying kind of girl.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Excuse me, Have we met?



Hi! I'm not sure we have been properly introduced. I am a mother, wife, daughter, sister, housewife, the driver of children, and keeper of schedules, and my last role is the largest of all I am a drill Sargent.





What this means is all before 8am in the morning I get the children up, make them breakfast, make their lunches, remind them to brush their teeth & to make their beds, help with their hair (I do after all have 3 girls), remind them to grab their bags & get into the van by a set time. (Thus once I wake up, I put on my drill Sargent hat to accomplish all of this) The drill Sargent is not fun, she is not huggy, huggy, (now I do take a few moments to snuggle with each girl as she awakes but once this is done that mom won't be seen again until I am saying "I love you" to each girl as she gets out of the van for school.





As a drill Sargent you do not connect, you are the unfun mom. The fun mom side used to get to come out and play in the afternoon & evenings - but lately each girl has gotten her own schedule, be it:dance, basketball, brownies, girl scouts, daisies,friends over etc... So I am having to carve time out to take with each girl one-on one. I have named this time: Moments with Mom or M.W.M.



Here are my list of requirements for accomplishing Moments with Mom:
  1. Each girl gets at least 1 M.W.M. a month
  2. It does not have to be expensive (it can be as simple as going to Starbucks for a drink, going to get a book from the bookstore, or going to get an ice cream- it really depends on the girl)
  3. It must be something that my daughter would find special or fun to do (what one daughter thinks would be "fun" would be horrible for her sister! It allows for individuality and that each girl can be unique & that's okay)
  4. I do not gripe, nag, or say anything negative (this is not my parenting time to try to improve "Them" - but it is my time to try to improve "our relationship")
  5. I must listen more than I talk (If you knew me, you would know how hard this is for me being a natural talker)
  6. What my daughter tell me during M.W.M. stays a secret. I do not share with their sisters anything that they have shared from their hearts.

M.W.M. has been such a blessing to me, it has really allowed me time to be the fun mom, and really connect with each girl!

1 comment:

  1. Could you pencil me in for some MWM time. I've been wanting to try some of the flavored tea @ Starbucks. I'm a good daughter; just not yours. Does that matter?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails