About Me

My photo
I have discovered it is really hard to be Queen in a household with 3 princesses! Somebody is always borrowing my tiara! Well in between hunting my stuff down I am the proclaimed Queen in the Land of fluff (where my husband swears one day that he will die from glitter lung (you get the picture!) Besides that I am a dieting, exercising, crafting, biblestudying kind of girl.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

diet - ahhhhhh!!!!!

Well I have many labels: honey, wife, mom, sister, daughter, friend, those labels I love - however I also have a label I am not crazy about - "plus size". Yes, I know it is depressing to think about yourself like this and even harder to do something about it. (Now before people email me all upset I know that I am loved by may family, and by God, I am the sum total of who I am-however I would like the physical part to be a little bit smaller) I met a girlfriend for lunch 2 months ago - who looked fab! (Mind you our oldest children are the same age - and we have both struggled with weight gain and loss at each pregnancy) yet she had mastered the weight loss - of course I did what any red blooded woman would do I asked "how did you do it?"

Well she told me she was on a diet called "HCG" diet and that it had worked for her and it was a little radical but I should do my own research about it, and pray about it. My girlfriend gave me a website to go look out http://www.happilythinnerafter.com/ as well as gave me info to go to utube to find some videos of others who had done this diet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0cA91mSkFU, you can also go to utube and enter "HCG" in the search area and find tons of other people who are on the diet.


I have been on the diet for 17 days now and I have lost 12 pounds - ahhh!!! Now I have 80 I think I need to loose and you can only be on the hormone HCG for 33 days then you have to go off onto a maintenance period for approx 20 some odd days before you can go back to living your life or do another round if you have more weight to loose. Now, I have had some problems with keeping my blood sugar normal - not bad but I had to arrange when I eat the food allowed on the diet. However there are 6 ladies on this diet where I live and I am the only one out of 6 that has struggled with this issue at all. You can take the hormone HCG thru injections - but I am the Worlds Biggest Wimp so I take it sub lingual - and no I am not hungry all the time. I do get a little hungry but once I eat what I am allowed to I am satisfied. I am not sure if on my second round I will do sub lingual (under the tongue- oral) or do the injections - it might be nice to say I have tried it both ways.
I am not sure if anyone would like this information, I am not a doctor, nor am I trying to sale you anything. It just seems that this diet is working for me - quickly which is nice when you have over 20 pounds to loose and thought someone out there might find the information interesting. I will keep you posted on my weight loss - I am only 1/2 way done with this first round.

P.S. Did I mention that you are not supposed to exercise while on this diet. *giggle, giggle!

2 comments:

  1. "Caution" is the first word I think of.
    "Good Luck" is next.
    I know extra weight carries health risks also. Nothing is without some risks. Keep us updated on your progress.

    No exercise??
    You've got to be kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! We offer the Dr. TED Diet in Plano, TX. But we suggest exercise. We've had lots of patients have tremendous success with the diet. www.planoaesthetics.com.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails