About Me

My photo
I have discovered it is really hard to be Queen in a household with 3 princesses! Somebody is always borrowing my tiara! Well in between hunting my stuff down I am the proclaimed Queen in the Land of fluff (where my husband swears one day that he will die from glitter lung (you get the picture!) Besides that I am a dieting, exercising, crafting, biblestudying kind of girl.
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Word

Have you ever read something on a blog and thought "that is neat" or "that's something to think about" and then later that thought keeps creeping back into your mind when you least expected it? Well that is what Tara's post from Jan 4th from her blog "Family Traditions...One story at a time" did to me!

Tara posted on her blog about picking a "word" as a theme for your upcoming year. An idea "of having a WORD to define you and move you through the upcoming year." I thought this was an interesting idea, and then I found myself at quiet times thinking about this concept. What word did I want to pick for 2010? The more I thought about this, the more I tried out different words, but nothing really struck a chord with me, that is until I went to church.

At church our pastor Craig Groeschel talked to us about living life in the margins. Our culture tells us we need to live our lives chasing after more, bigger, faster and we are worn out, it is not working for us! God tells us in Romans 12:2

2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

If we choose not to live our life chasing these things, and choose to live our lives in the margin. Margin being defined as "the amount available beyond what is necessary". Having more of what you want than you need- $, time. It is a choice. If you want to learn more the sermon can be seen here at: Lifechurch.tv

The concept challenged me, made me uncomfortable and hit way too close to home. So I am making a commitment to try to change my life to living a life within the "margins". I am going to post on Sunday's each week about my challenges, and choices to try to live life with margins. I will be honest with you this may not be a pretty ride, but my husband and I have made a commitment to try our best to reorganize our lives.

So you probably have guessed by this point that my "Word" for 2010 is (drum roll please:) : "Margins". What word would you pick or have picked to be your word for 2010?

6 comments:

  1. Very nicely said.
    I'll have to think a while to decide what my word for the year will be. Now you've got me thinking. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE YOUR NEW BLOG LOOK!
    Very sophisticated, indeed.
    Plus, great photos!!
    Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is wonderful!! I love the word Margins! Thanks for stopping by my blog and i'm so happy that you were able to take something away with you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great entry, and your blog makeover is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can mine be three words??

    *~"Gentle & Quiet Spirit"~*

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails