About Me

My photo
I have discovered it is really hard to be Queen in a household with 3 princesses! Somebody is always borrowing my tiara! Well in between hunting my stuff down I am the proclaimed Queen in the Land of fluff (where my husband swears one day that he will die from glitter lung (you get the picture!) Besides that I am a dieting, exercising, crafting, biblestudying kind of girl.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, March 12, 2012

It's my birthday!

Well I turned 42 today! Whew that # sounds a little bit older than I feel. I was so excited my family gave me a spin bike! (those who read my blog regularly know that I have fallen in love with that particular form of exercise. However, at times I have found it challenging to get myself to the gym for class if the kids are sick or my time is in high demand. Ah, the joys of being a mom). Here is a pic of my new ride!



My youngest made me a scavenger hunt, to find a vase that she had painted for me.



Hubby also gave me some pretty flowers.



My 41st year was such a blessing and brought so many unexpected life lessons and adventures. (did I mention that I have grown devoted to my readers. Reading glasses that is. Sigh! Confession time: I broke down & bought a cute glass chain/necklace to help me keep up with them around the house) (sigh! Not all change seems good but it keeps me humble and gives me something to giggle at)
Here's a card one of my friends gave me. (can you tell that we are pool friends)



I am excited to see what I learn and how I grow in my 42nd year. I hope that I grow more self disciplined as well as learn to extend myself grace. I want to laugh when things are funny, cry when things are sad and learn not to care so much about what "others" think, to enjoy the freedom in learning to only be concerned about pleasing God.

Do you like birthday's? Do you celebrate your birthday or do you cringe inside? Do you become more reflective as you become older? More thankful? Or more depressed? Do you have any birthday celebration rituals? I would love to know your views on birthdays! Please leave me a comment!!



Amy

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!! Sounds like you had a very good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday girl! Ahhhhh, the old birthday dilema. One year older, yes, but one year wiser too! More wrinkles, indeed, but more blessings to count as well! We can't do anything about getting older, so I say embrace the wisdom that comes with it, and own that number! Hope you enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a fun one! I love birthdays, better than the alternative ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday sweetie! Praising the Lord for another year with you! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails