About Me

My photo
I have discovered it is really hard to be Queen in a household with 3 princesses! Somebody is always borrowing my tiara! Well in between hunting my stuff down I am the proclaimed Queen in the Land of fluff (where my husband swears one day that he will die from glitter lung (you get the picture!) Besides that I am a dieting, exercising, crafting, biblestudying kind of girl.
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, July 20, 2014

A new way to do biblestudy

I have not blogged in Forever.  I think Instagram may have killed my blog, or at least tried.  I wanted to write about a blog that has changed my life.   Have you heard of the website: "shereadstruth.com"  It is a website that offers different biblestudies for free.  It's unique that it allows several online communities to form.  One group follows them exclusively on-line and leave comments under each post, the other community follows along on Facebook, and the community that I belong to connects through Instagram.  We post pictures of our screen shot, or of our bible/notebook/coffee. We try to post everyday, it allows us to follow one another, pray for one another, and encourage one another.  I have found this such a supportive community especially with entering the work force again after being home for about 16 years.  I no longer had the time during the day to attend bible study and my kids were older and involved in school activities that were in the evening that I wanted to attend.

However, I needed the accountability that comes with doing a bible study with others.  This online community "Shereadstruth" met this need.  If you are on Instagram or on twitter look for the hashtag #shereadstruth.  They have also released this week an app in the Apple store for an app that would allow you to download the biblestudies and have access to it on your phone.

This site has kept me involved in reading and studying God's word, also with the ability to not have to buy a $20 biblestudy book each time.  If you have not checked it out, I would encourage you to do so.  Also, one of the things I enjoy about the online community is that it brings together women of all ages, in all stages of life: college girls, career oriented young woman, new moms, moms with their hands full, older moms, grandmothers.  It's a great way to connect with other believers.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you posting! Have a blessed day. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails