About Me

My photo
I have discovered it is really hard to be Queen in a household with 3 princesses! Somebody is always borrowing my tiara! Well in between hunting my stuff down I am the proclaimed Queen in the Land of fluff (where my husband swears one day that he will die from glitter lung (you get the picture!) Besides that I am a dieting, exercising, crafting, biblestudying kind of girl.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Away in a manger

Do you like my zebra printed "manger"? Well my girls were very excited last night to receive them! We also gave each girl an envelope filled with yellow strips of paper a.k.a. hay - that they can use to fill their manger when they have done something nice for someone they can write it down on the paper strips/hay and add it to the manger bed to help prepare their hearts for Christmas, and to help combat the case of the "gimmes me!"
Mom and Dad got one to, even though ours are not zebra stripe. I have been thinking all day what I can do for others during this holiday season as a stay at home mom I will most definitely have to be creative and go out of my ways some days in order to do some of the nice things I have been thinking about.
I am looking forward to tucking my girls in bed at night and seeing what kind things they did for others that day. The only rule is that you have to spread your kind deeds around - it can't be just for your best friend or your mom and dad (same with me and Brent, it can't be just for each other or our kids only). This is going to be a fun activity - one that gets us thinking about doing for others. It is amazing how when you purpose your heart and mind to do something for others, that the time to do so just opens up!
What are you doing for others this holiday season? Do you have a favorite thing to do for others? Do you like to do your acts of kindness where the receiver knows it is from you or do you prefer to do it secretly? I think I am going to try it both ways this month, and I will report back which way was the most fun. I am also brainstorming what sweet out of the ordinary thing I can do for each of my children and husband. I hope you are looking at your calendars today on the last day of November and are making your plans for your December! Remember there is no such woman as "Wonder Woman" you can not do it all (yes, it is true) so remember to fill your time with doing the "BEST" things, not just good things!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun idea; you are so creative and thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise words indeed about Wonderwoman! We all try to do too much I suppose.

    I love the mangers - such a sweet idea.

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this! Really, really love this. You are such a good momma.

    ~Mrs. Albright

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails