About Me

My photo
I have discovered it is really hard to be Queen in a household with 3 princesses! Somebody is always borrowing my tiara! Well in between hunting my stuff down I am the proclaimed Queen in the Land of fluff (where my husband swears one day that he will die from glitter lung (you get the picture!) Besides that I am a dieting, exercising, crafting, biblestudying kind of girl.
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Eat, Pray, Love

Eat Pray Love Poster

I was so excited about seeing the movie "Eat, Pray, Love"! I think Julia Roberts is a beautiful talented actor and wanted so badly to go see this movie when it came to the theatre, and wouldn't you know that was when I broke my arm, my kids were back in school (a.k.a. homework time, bath, and bed at a good time every night) so I did not get a chance to watch this movie until it came out on DVD.
I hate to say this but I was so disappointed in this movie. Even the fab Julia Roberts all pretty, laughing happily could not leave me with a feel good feeling at the end of this movie. This movie was a tribute to some one's selfishness. It was very discouraging by no means the "girls night movie" I thought it would be. I do not "review" movies very often because I am a movie lover. I love movies that excite me, entertain me, thrill me, or make me enjoy the thrill of falling in love all over again. However this movie really did not deliver the promise that the comercial advertised.
Did anyone else find this movie disappointing or did you love it. If you loved it why? Maybe you can point out an angle I missed.

4 comments:

  1. I havent heard a whole lot of good stuff about that movie and have no interest in seeing it ... but I think the book was a big hit, right? Did you read it first? I might pick up the book (after I get through the 10 or so piled up on my nightstand that never get any attention).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not much of a movie person, so had no plans to see this. You know it's bad when Julia Roberts can't make it work! Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I concur w/ everything you said! And I agree w/ Bev above, it's reeeally bad when not even Julia can make it work! Too bad. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to rent it, but will wait. The previews didn't do much for me anyway.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails