About Me

My photo
I have discovered it is really hard to be Queen in a household with 3 princesses! Somebody is always borrowing my tiara! Well in between hunting my stuff down I am the proclaimed Queen in the Land of fluff (where my husband swears one day that he will die from glitter lung (you get the picture!) Besides that I am a dieting, exercising, crafting, biblestudying kind of girl.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

sleet, snow, and ice oh, my!!

Well when the temperature drops it is time for all those warm yummy drinks!!
Here are two of my favorite recipes for warm drinks during this time of year.
Warm yummy Hot Chocolate mix:
1 cup of non fat dry, powdered milk
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup dry vanilla coffee creamer
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
4-5 regular sized candy bars (Hershey/dove brand- chopped into bite size pieces. I will be honest I have even used chocolate chips for this recipe!)
* mix above ingredients in bowl, and store in a storage bag or plastic container. (I usually double this recipe since I have 3 kids plus their friends that come inside after building snowmen.) This is a great recipe!! and I provide marshmallow's or cool whip with cocoa for sprinkling on top for the kids to choose between.

Chia Tea Mix:
2 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon of ground all spice
1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper
1 1/2 cups of instant tea unsweetened!!
1 1/2-2 cups sugar
1 cup powdered non dairy coffee creamer
1 cup powdered vanilla flavored non dairy coffee creamer
1 cup non fat dry powdered milk
***combine above ingredients and store in plastic storage bag or plastic container.

serve with milk/hot water. (I have a large Large coffee cup - so I use about 1/3 cup mix to a cup of hot water and a splash of milk)

***variation: for a chocolate chia tea mix, add 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa to above mix.
(below is the view out my front window, on my front porch-ahhh!)

I hope you enjoy the above recipes!! I live in Oklahoma which my city has only experienced a blizzard two times in it's history!! So we are all snowed in and trust me we are enjoying the above recipes with a smile! (that is as long as we have power!!)
(below is a picture of all the clothes my kids take off, once the come in - can you say laundry time!!!)


Stay warm, and bundled up and enjoy this season!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you are keeping your sanity in this crazy weather! I'm not a hot chocolate fan but I've been drinking some with the boys every day just for something sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the recipes! I will try them this week. My entry & laundry room have looked the same way this week : )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails