About Me

My photo
I have discovered it is really hard to be Queen in a household with 3 princesses! Somebody is always borrowing my tiara! Well in between hunting my stuff down I am the proclaimed Queen in the Land of fluff (where my husband swears one day that he will die from glitter lung (you get the picture!) Besides that I am a dieting, exercising, crafting, biblestudying kind of girl.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Help! I am under the influence!


Help! I am under the influence! I know, but before you judge me, you might want to check and see if you are to! No, I am not talking about being under the influence like Charlie Sheen. I blogged the other day about the effect that Gwyneth Paltrow has on stiletto sales after she appears in public wearing them. Which Made me start to think -what influences me? Well that just made me giggle.. Do any of you recognize any of the following jingles?

1. "There GRRRRREAT!"
2.. "Your soaking in it!"
3. "I can't seem to forget you"
4. "I can bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan,
and never let you forget that your a man, because
I'm a woman"
5. "10 million strong and growing"
6. "sometimes you need a little Finesse! Sometimes
you need a lot!"
7. "Calgon, take me away!"
8. "Your not fully dressed, until you Caress"

See what I am talking about! I bet you recognized and could name almost all of the above slogans.
(here are the answers just in case you forgot the name of one of the products: 1)Frosted Flakes, 2) Palmolive dish washing detergent. 3) Windsong, 4) Enjoli perfume, 5) Flinstone Vitamins, 6) Finesse shampoo and conditioner 7) Calgon bath salts, 8) Caress bath soap )

I also realized that not only do advertisement jingles stick but looking back over my past styles: The Dorothy Hamill haircut, the princess Dianna haircut, the Meg Ryan hairstyle that stick out everywhere (ugh!), the big hair and mile high bangs!

How about the Banana Clips -that I had to have in multiple colors, the shoulder pads, the side ponytail Yes, I am hanging my head in sham! Then of course, I could not forget that I had to have jeans by Gloria Vanderbilt, Zena jeans, Jordache, and Calvin Klein! Below is a commercial for Calvin Klein jeans that stars Brooke Shields -no wonder at age 13/14 I thought I had to have a pair!

I think I was very easily influenced by the TV and media. I think I am still influenced to a degree by them but hopefully not as much. I am also influenced by good friends, music, books that I read, and where I let thoughts hang out. I think my friends, and my husband influences me the most along with my belief system. Going to church regularly impacts me a bunch as well!

So are you easily influenced? What are you influenced by? Has those things that influenced you, changed with time??

2 comments:

  1. We shut off our tv a few years ago, so I am not subject to advertisement like I used to be (except from magazines or online).

    I remember banana clips. I had all different colors too, but they'd give me headaches sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm influenced by blogs. ;-) Seriously, I was following all these decorating blogs and becoming quite discontented with my home. A couple of weeks ago, I stopped following them and have since returned to my semi-normal state.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails