About Me

My photo
I have discovered it is really hard to be Queen in a household with 3 princesses! Somebody is always borrowing my tiara! Well in between hunting my stuff down I am the proclaimed Queen in the Land of fluff (where my husband swears one day that he will die from glitter lung (you get the picture!) Besides that I am a dieting, exercising, crafting, biblestudying kind of girl.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

One holiday at a time

I enjoy the holiday of Thanksgiving. A time set aside each year to remember what we have to be thankful for. To pause a second in our crazy world, with our crazy schedules and take a deep breath and be thankful, count our blessings and let gratitude seep into our hearts and minds! Wow, the feeling of contentment and being blessed is overwhelming.

However in today's marketing blitz the need to sell us items for Christmas makes many stores overlook Thanksgiving. Which I feel cause people to "feel" stressed, panic, and overwhelmed with "agh! I need to get stuff, do stuff, more, more, more!". That is why I respect and appreciate Nordstrom refusal to jump off a cliff, just because other retail stores are (putting Christmas stuff out even before Halloween!).



- how different would Christmas be celebrated if people went into that season if the year with a thankful heart. How do you keep Thanksgiving?

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails