About Me

My photo
I have discovered it is really hard to be Queen in a household with 3 princesses! Somebody is always borrowing my tiara! Well in between hunting my stuff down I am the proclaimed Queen in the Land of fluff (where my husband swears one day that he will die from glitter lung (you get the picture!) Besides that I am a dieting, exercising, crafting, biblestudying kind of girl.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

faux wrought iron window treatment

Well this pin caught my eye the other day on pinterest. (if you are on pinterest, look for me!)



I have an octagon shaped window that I never know what to do with.

However, when I saw this pin and went over to Blog "imperfectly perfect" http://tali-schiffer-oren.blogspot.com/2010/09/home-work-tp-flowerproject.html

I thought I could do this in that window.
So I started collecting toilet paper rolls. I marked off 1/2 inches then cut into strips.




Then I went to town glueing 5 pieces together to make flowers.



Then i glued all the flowers together and spray painted them black. To give the look of wrought iron.



Then placed the creation in the window (I placed it in between the window and the screen to hold it in place)



I love it! It gives the window character and it only cost me the cost of the black spray paint.


What have you been inspired to make lately?

I know creating something gives me great pleasure and helps me deal with stress, you should give it a try. Hope everyone has a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Who would have "thunk" that was toilet paper rolls. LOL Great job and it looks super!

    SWEET TEA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, who would have thought that you can use toiler paper rolls to create something like that. They make a surprisingly nice decoration for the windows. It's a creative and cheap alternative that looks very nice. Good job on that!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails