About Me

My photo
I have discovered it is really hard to be Queen in a household with 3 princesses! Somebody is always borrowing my tiara! Well in between hunting my stuff down I am the proclaimed Queen in the Land of fluff (where my husband swears one day that he will die from glitter lung (you get the picture!) Besides that I am a dieting, exercising, crafting, biblestudying kind of girl.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, July 23, 2012

Fun Emi-Jay "knock off" bands

If you are like me, you have been seeing these fun hair bands popping up everywhere!



However these fun hair bands can add up to some money!!! Remember I not only have hair but I also have three (3) daughters. So what's a mom to do!




Go to your local fabric store & pick up some elastic that is 3/4 - 1 inch thick. Grab a ruler & a pair of scissors & let's get going! (excuse the above picture, I am still learning how to edit my pictures from my iPhone)



1. cut a strip of elastic approx. 12 inches in length.
2. Fold the strip of elastic in half.



3.make a loop with the folded strip of elastic



4. Pull one end through the loop. I pulled the part that was folded through the loop, while carefully griping and holding the ends tightly together



5. Slide the knot down towards the tail, while pulling the folded section the opposite direction.



6. You can choose to be done at this step, or if you purchased white elastic you may choose to dye your completed hair tie a fun color. (my fabric store is starting to carry some colors in the elastic besides just black & white, but who knows if it's a color you need).

Simple, easy, and a fun new look on one of a girls best friends! ( I know they say diamonds are a girls best friend, but really some days I just need a hair tie & lip gloss and I can conquer the world). Hope you enjoyed this post!


Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails