However these fun hair bands can add up to some money!!! Remember I not only have hair but I also have three (3) daughters. So what's a mom to do!
Go to your local fabric store & pick up some elastic that is 3/4 - 1 inch thick. Grab a ruler & a pair of scissors & let's get going! (excuse the above picture, I am still learning how to edit my pictures from my iPhone)
1. cut a strip of elastic approx. 12 inches in length.
2. Fold the strip of elastic in half.
3.make a loop with the folded strip of elastic
4. Pull one end through the loop. I pulled the part that was folded through the loop, while carefully griping and holding the ends tightly together
5. Slide the knot down towards the tail, while pulling the folded section the opposite direction.
6. You can choose to be done at this step, or if you purchased white elastic you may choose to dye your completed hair tie a fun color. (my fabric store is starting to carry some colors in the elastic besides just black & white, but who knows if it's a color you need).
Simple, easy, and a fun new look on one of a girls best friends! ( I know they say diamonds are a girls best friend, but really some days I just need a hair tie & lip gloss and I can conquer the world). Hope you enjoyed this post!