About Me

My photo
I have discovered it is really hard to be Queen in a household with 3 princesses! Somebody is always borrowing my tiara! Well in between hunting my stuff down I am the proclaimed Queen in the Land of fluff (where my husband swears one day that he will die from glitter lung (you get the picture!) Besides that I am a dieting, exercising, crafting, biblestudying kind of girl.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, July 9, 2012

Riot inducing Mississippi Mud Brownies


I know you have probably heard of Mississippi Mud Cake, but girl you haven't tasted anything as warm chocolatey, to die for if you haven't had my Aunt Daretta's Mississippi Mud Brownies! (I could go on for days about this recipe!)
Mississippi Mud Brownies
Brownie recipe –
1 ½ c granulated sugar
1/2 c butter or margarine, melted
6T cocoa
2 T butter or margarine, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/3 c flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 c milk
1 tsp vanilla
½ c pecans or walnuts (optional)
7 oz jar marshmallow cream
Combine top 4 ingredients, add egg. Beat well. Stir together 2/3 c flour, baking powder and ¼ tsp salt. Add to chocolate mixture alternately with a mixture of the milk and vanilla, mixing after each addition. Fold in ½ c pecans, if desired. Pour mixture into a
9 x 13 metal cake pan.
Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes, until done.
When you take the pan out of the oven, IMMEDIATELY put a jar of marshmallow cream over the brownies, spreading it with a knife over the brownies. It will melt, then cool.
Brownies should be completely cool before pouring frosting on top of them.
Frosting
1 stick margarine or butter
1/3 c cocoa
1/3 c milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 lb powered sugar
Melt together in a saucepan margarine, cocoa, milk & vanilla. Stir in powdered sugar and blend well. Pour mixture on top of marshmallow cream. Cut into squares.
******************************
Warning this recipe is rioting inducing if you have not made enough to share!!
******************************

My Aunt is so special, I was trying to think how to explain how much she has flavored my life.

How do you describe someone who is such a generous, giving person. I decided she must be compared to sugar! For not only has she given material items to me, she has given her time, her attention, & sprinkled my life with little things that make life pleasurable!

My Aunt taught me about "good" chocolate, not just the Hershey brand chocolate, kept me in bubble bath through out my teen years, surprised me with little gifts of lip gloss, lotion & fun socks. My aunt would take me out for Fun days, just because! My brothers and myself always looked forward to seeing my Aunt.

However my Aunt was not only generous to my brothers & me. I saw how as a teen herself, she gave of herself, through time, and financially to younger girls from the local baptist shelter. She would act as a "Big Sister" capacity with some of the same girls for years! Pouring herself into their lives. Even after she had married and had a child of her own; she continued to give hope and love to others by opening up her home to provide a shelter for Foster children who needed a safe place to live while their parents took classes on how to be a better parent.

My Aunt is the Proverbs 31 woman, as described in verse 20 "she welcomes the poor and helps the needy"
Romans 12:8, talks about those who have the gift of giving. That describes her beautifully! I have known some who have been able to give financially but not many who give financially, AND of themselves: giving their time, attention, and love quietly, not boastfully or showy. Just showing up continual in the people's lives she is blessing. Giving to those who could never begin to pay her back.

What an impact she has had on my life. Not only have I been blessed to be on the receiving end of her giving. My Aunt taught me how to give to others, with no thought of what I would receive back, giving to show Christ's love to others because he loves us.

I hope you have had someone in your life who was "Sugar"!

Are you being the "Sugar" in anyone else's life right now?

If not look around, you just might be surprised to see whose life God would like you to "sweeten"!

-Amy

2 comments:

  1. Very nicely said.
    You are so right!
    I've these Brownies before and they are everything you said they are and THEN SOME!! Soooooo Good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound so good!!!! Love your post today. And yes, we can always sweeten someones life....Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails