About Me

My photo
I have discovered it is really hard to be Queen in a household with 3 princesses! Somebody is always borrowing my tiara! Well in between hunting my stuff down I am the proclaimed Queen in the Land of fluff (where my husband swears one day that he will die from glitter lung (you get the picture!) Besides that I am a dieting, exercising, crafting, biblestudying kind of girl.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Are you a lover?

I love the TV show "The good wife" on CBS! The beautiful Julianna Margulies plays a character named Alicia Florrick, whose husband has an affair while holding a public office. The show has offered insight as to how difficult and hurt a wife would be to find her self in this position, let alone also in the public spotlight. I can not imagine even trying to handle some of the things that her character has found herself dealing with, as well as trying to explain them to her children. The show really keeps you guessing and it is a fun show to watch! Fans of the show have different views and opinions as to what "Alicia Florrick" should do in the story. The television show is packed full of relationship drama as well as legal drama.

I thought about the show "The good wife" this last 2 weeks while I was reading the book "Redeeming Love" by Francine Rivers. The book is a retelling of the book of Hosea. It brings to life the characters in the book, and what they must have felt personally to endure such problems in the their lives. To have to struggle with betrayal, hurt, and forgiveness. I thought as I pondered and read the book, "How would I handle this situation"? More often than not as much as I would have loved to say I would be able to show forgiveness and love, I'm not sure exactly what I would have done. I think my gut reaction to hurt, is to hurt back or withdrawal and cut those types of people out of my life. However as I continued to read the wonderful book by Francine River all I could think was

Isaiah 55:8 (New International Version)

8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the LORD.


"Lord, that is so true! Your thoughts are not my natural thoughts, your ways are not my natural response. Please Lord, help me to be more like you. Let me be able to forgive those who hurt me. Let me be able to continue to show kindness to those who are rude, and unkind." I am not a natural lover, unless you count my children who it is easy for me to forgive. Others who are careless with my feelings, or those that hurt my kids feeling are much harder for me to forgive. Do you find it easy to love, really love the people in your life you bump into? Do you forgive easy?

Well, if you are busy making your list for summer and have not read the book "Redeeming Love" you must add this one to your summer reading list.

2 comments:

  1. Stephanie L's been recommending this book for years!! It's on my list of MUST READS for this summer's vacay! :-) Thanks for the reminder...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked that book. But I loved FR's A Voice in the Wind even more!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails