About Me

My photo
I have discovered it is really hard to be Queen in a household with 3 princesses! Somebody is always borrowing my tiara! Well in between hunting my stuff down I am the proclaimed Queen in the Land of fluff (where my husband swears one day that he will die from glitter lung (you get the picture!) Besides that I am a dieting, exercising, crafting, biblestudying kind of girl.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Is your Purse heavy?

The other day I reached for my purse to get ready to head out the door, and all I could think is "what is in my purse?". My purse was heavy! I sat it down and started to go through it (to try to figure out what was making it So Heavy!) Well I found 4 lip glosses, not in the make bag that was in the purse, a change purse, hand sanitizer, a sheet of coupons, my ear buds for my i phone at the gym, 5 pens, a small notebook (I like my notes old school style), a pair of scissors (who knows!), a hair bow, 2 hair rubber bands, a highlighter, some lose change, a bulletin from church last weekend, a snack packet that my daughter did not eat one day when we were running errands in the car. No wonder my purse was heavy!!
I think in life, our thought life, or our inner tape that runs in our mind as we go about our business can sometimes get "heavy" or "negative" without our permission, or with out us "really" meaning to start being negative in our thought life. Lately, I have been unpacking my thought life - really listening to what I am saying about myself as I am going through my life. I have been stopping myself when I hear myself being critical towards myself that I would never Ever say about a friend, or let anyone say about a dear friend! Why, oh why would I think it would be OK, to think those thoughts about my self? I am trying to focus on positive, true statements, instead of the negative ones that have unfortunately become a habit for me.

"And now, dear brothers and sister, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise."
Philippians 4:8

I was shocked, when I really started paying attention to what I had been saying to myself, about myself!

What does your internal tape say when you are not paying attention?
Have you cleaned out your "thought life" or purse lately? Has it gotten "heavy" without you realizing it?


3 comments:

  1. Yep, my purse is heavy, too. Sometimes I catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror and wonder why in the world I'm shlepping around a carry-on bag! But if I try to go smaller, I inevitably need something I don't have. It's a Catch-22.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My purse isn't terribly heavy EXCEPT when I travel, then I cram all sorts of extras "just in case". I've been very negative about myself lately - it's probably the only area of my life that I'm negative in. You make some great points. Note to self - "Stop it!".

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one profound post! I like how you compare a heavy purse with the thought processes of our lives. It is true! So often I need quiet, stillness, to reflect on what is filling my thought life. God used you to remind me of it all. Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails