About Me

My photo
I have discovered it is really hard to be Queen in a household with 3 princesses! Somebody is always borrowing my tiara! Well in between hunting my stuff down I am the proclaimed Queen in the Land of fluff (where my husband swears one day that he will die from glitter lung (you get the picture!) Besides that I am a dieting, exercising, crafting, biblestudying kind of girl.
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Pancake Lovin'

First, off this is not a diet recipe. This is a recipe that I made, one evening when my family was wanting Breakfast for dinner (remember just because I am on a diet does not mean that my hubby and kids want to be on one) . I am so not a morning person I am not sure that I would want to make pancakes from scratch for breakfast, however for dinner I will take all those extra steps. The peach pancake recipe is from the cookbook "Mary Mac Tea Room". Which I guarantee you is jam packed with good down home southern recipes. Not very many of them are low calorie or low fat. However yummy they are.

Peach Buttermilk Pancakes:
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (OK, maybe a smidgen more)
2 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 cups canned peach chunks, drained (you can use fresh peaches as well)
maple syrup

Stir together the dry ingredients, set aside. In another large bowl, beat eggs then add buttermilk. Blend in dry ingredients. Once mixed, stirred in peaches. Lightly butter a large griddle, over middle heat. Pour batter in small circles on griddle. Cook 2-4 pancakes at a time. Once tops of pancakes bubble flip over to cook the other side. Once both sides have been cooked remove pancakes from hot griddle. Continue making pancakes until the batter has been used. Served pancakes warm with maple syrup.

My family loves to occasionally have breakfast for dinner. Does yours? My family gave this pancake recipe 2 thumbs up, they could not speak because they were too busy eating.

Oh, and Amy over at Mamie'sQuilt posted about this yummy pancakes she made called "cinnamon roll pancakes". I am going to make this for the family this weekend!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails