About Me

My photo
I have discovered it is really hard to be Queen in a household with 3 princesses! Somebody is always borrowing my tiara! Well in between hunting my stuff down I am the proclaimed Queen in the Land of fluff (where my husband swears one day that he will die from glitter lung (you get the picture!) Besides that I am a dieting, exercising, crafting, biblestudying kind of girl.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

summer decorating ideas

Isn't the above arrangement just beautiful!! Little votives and shells. If you don't have any white sand, and can't find any at the store. I have used salt. It works great, and it's cheap!
I love summer time! I love the beach! However when you live in Oklahoma what ways can you bring the beach into your home. Well I have took some pictures of some cute ideas and I wanted to share them with you.

Here is a cute vase/large jar with a wreath of shells on it. That could easily be removed for the rest of the year.
Here is a close up pics of the shells wired onto a wreath form.
Above is a photo of the back of the wreath.


Above is a photo of a large jar, with wood sticks coming out of it, with a few shells sprinkled across the bottom..

Here is another large glass container with shells in the bottom. Love it!

Once again the simplicity of shells displayed in a basket. I love seasonal decorating ideas that can easily be swapped out for fall, or holiday decorations! What do you like to decorate with in the summer time?

1 comment:

  1. Very cute ideas.
    Love the salt for sand idea!!
    Good fake out. Who knew??

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails