About Me

My photo
I have discovered it is really hard to be Queen in a household with 3 princesses! Somebody is always borrowing my tiara! Well in between hunting my stuff down I am the proclaimed Queen in the Land of fluff (where my husband swears one day that he will die from glitter lung (you get the picture!) Besides that I am a dieting, exercising, crafting, biblestudying kind of girl.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fall weekend Day trips

I love fall! It's my favorite season of the year. Charm sweaters, apple cider, hot chocolate, a trip to the pumpkin patch, colored leaves, brisk cool air. I just love it! What better way to enjoy Oklahoma than to pile into the car for a day trip. This last weekend we found ourselves in Clevland, Oklahoma. They were having pioneer days so the streets were pretty crowded so we decided to keep on driving. (However we did see a very cute large bulldog dressed in an OSU jersey with a large orange bow on her hair. She was adorable, but I forgot to snap a picture. We saw that Hominy, Oklahoma was 10 miles up the road and none of us had been there so we decided to "drive on!" was the vote in the car. So off we went.
Hominy, Oklahoma has a quaint downtown. Small with what looked like a sodapop and ice-cream counter store -just like in "It's a Wonderful Life" starring Jimmy Stewart. Where he works as a kid. Unfortunately for us it was closed. However we did spot a sign for a historical site in Hominy, Oklahoma for the "Drummond Home". Which for you bloggers out there might be familiar with that last name because the "pioneer woman" Ree Drummond" married into this famous ranching family of Oklahoma.



My girls were thrilled to stop by and take a peak around the historical home not because of the ranching history, nor the Oklahoma history that the home represents -sorry! (more info on the Drummond family here: http://digital.library.okstate.edu/encyclopedia/entries/D/DR007.html

But because the have tried a lot of the yummy recipes from her cookbook, and have seen her new cooking show on the food network with me.
Hominy, is proud of their Indian heritage and history because paintings were seen on almost every building side driving through the downtown area.

We did not find a place to eat in Hominy though I did see some sign about fried catfish, the kids out voted hubby and me. So we drove on into the town of Skiatook, Oklahoma where we ate at "SeƱor Salsa". Good prices, the food was however just ok, not memorable. Then we headed back home after some more site seeing, however that is a post for another day.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails