About Me

My photo
I have discovered it is really hard to be Queen in a household with 3 princesses! Somebody is always borrowing my tiara! Well in between hunting my stuff down I am the proclaimed Queen in the Land of fluff (where my husband swears one day that he will die from glitter lung (you get the picture!) Besides that I am a dieting, exercising, crafting, biblestudying kind of girl.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Let's Celebrate Good "changes"-come on!


Hope everybody had a great 4Th of July! We went and enjoyed watching fireworks last night in a town next to ours. Above is a photo of the night sky. Who did you choose to celebrate with?



We choose to celebrate this year with family, a smaller celebration than last year. However still fun and enjoyable. (Above is a photo of Grace-our youngest princess sitting on her Daddy's lap watching the fireworks)


(above is my sister, my Daddy, and my sister's boyfriend - notice that my Daddy is sitting in between them.

My youngest had so much fun blowing bubbles waiting for the firework show to begin. She did not even seem to notice that it was 96 degrees outside. Bless the young!


Above is a photo of the other 2 princess in our house- Kaylee and Paige.

As I thought through out the day how we celebrate the 4Th of July, and why. I first was very thankful that we live in an amazing country that gives us so much freedom! That made my thoughts go down the path how do we celebrate the other good things that happen to us in our lives. On my weight loss journey - I have victories that are not just a change of the number on the scale.

I have had several this last week. So I thought I would Shout out with Glee on my blog some of the victories I have had this last week.

1. I went shopping for a new shirt -I had a great coupon from Fashion bug store. Fashion bug is a store for women's clothing that is divided in half where half the store has juniors and misses size, and the other half has women's plus size clothing. (Last year I went in there in May and purchased a bathing suit for vacation which was the biggest size I had EVER bought, and yes I looked longingly at the other side of the store and dreamed about one day losing enough weight to get to shop on "the other side of the store". (insert a deep sigh here). Notice the picture below and how the store is divided with a divider wall down the middle of the store.
Well guess what?!?! I got to shop on the other side of the store!!! Woo Hoo!

2. I went for a "walk/jog" the other night for the first time this year - and guess what? I jogged (now keep in mind this term is used loosely!) around an entire block!! Wow! I am growing stronger and more in shape. Progress!

3. I only had 1 (one) hamburger for dinner the night of the 4Th! (last year I had 2/3 yikes!) Some victories are small, but it is important to recognize the changes that you are successful at making and stay positive!!

4. When I leave body pump class now, I am tired and sweaty - However I am now recognizable! I am not drowned in sweat where I have no make-up left on my face, and my hair looks like I have taken a shower. (I still am sweaty but I now appear to glisten, not drenched!)

5. I now can do 16 girl push ups in a row!!! (Baby steps!!)

6. On the squat portion of the class (I take body pump 2 times a week) I went up in weight to a 10 pound weight on each side of my bar bell- Yeah!!! (I started with a 5 pound on each side - back in March.)


With all the above reasons for me to celebrate this week. My two favorite sayings for the week are:

*IF you change nothing,
nothing will change!

*You can bike ride, swim, run
no matter how slow you go,
you're still lapping everyone
on the couch!


What victories have you had this last week or two in your life?

Are you recognizing them? Are you celebrating them? I would love to hear from you!! I will celebrate with you! Positive, healthy changes add up! Keep on Keeping on!!

3 comments:

  1. Great post - I almost feel like I was there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you! What a major accomplishment to shop at the other side of the store. You always inspire me to keep moving, with my visits here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your posts...so real, so relatable!

    Victories? Hmmm...I'd say making it through the 8 hour time change coming back from our trip without a major meltdown! :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails