About Me

My photo
I have discovered it is really hard to be Queen in a household with 3 princesses! Somebody is always borrowing my tiara! Well in between hunting my stuff down I am the proclaimed Queen in the Land of fluff (where my husband swears one day that he will die from glitter lung (you get the picture!) Besides that I am a dieting, exercising, crafting, biblestudying kind of girl.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Witness Protection Program

I love watching and reading stories that could be best described as "Thrillers". Sometimes in these thrillers an innocent or not so innocent person has seen something that they should not have. Often because they were where they should not have been or doing something that they should not have been doing in the first place. In these thrillers they are usually protected by our Federal Government, in a program called "Witness Protection". Where they are issued new identities, new names, and told not to tell anyone who they "really are".
That whole concept as to how the world "protects people", isn't much different from how I want to protect myself sometimes from the things I have done in the past. When Satan tries to whisper in my ear, "You can't do that, your not qualified-remember what you have done in your past." Even my girls, when they were little - caught red handed with a crayon in hand, in front of the scribbling on the wall denied that they Ever wrote on the wall. What is it with us humans that, denial and hiding is the best way we can think of to handle past mistakes.
This stands out in stark contrast as to how God deals with our past mistakes, once we become a christian. OK - let's remember God's way are definitely not our ways!

"For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:9

When you become a christian, God puts you in his Witness Protection Program. He gives you a new identity in Christ, he gives you a new name -he adopts you into his own family. However wait for it- he doesn't tell you not to share with others about your past, he is not worried that your past will make him look bad! In fact, when others learn how you "used to be", and can see how God has worked an AMAZING work in your life, that is your witness to them as to how great God is!!!

"We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves."
2 Corinthians 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails