About Me

My photo
I have discovered it is really hard to be Queen in a household with 3 princesses! Somebody is always borrowing my tiara! Well in between hunting my stuff down I am the proclaimed Queen in the Land of fluff (where my husband swears one day that he will die from glitter lung (you get the picture!) Besides that I am a dieting, exercising, crafting, biblestudying kind of girl.
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, July 1, 2011

down 56.3 pounds

Do you need to lose weight? Have you tried before only to be derailed from your efforts? I know! I had slowly gained weight over a decade of having 3 babies. On one hand I knew I was gaining weight, on the other hand it just did not seem that important to me I was busy enjoying my life, and my kiddos to try to focus on that. Then one day I saw a picture of myself and my daughter that was taken as we were walking down the beach. OH MY GOODNESS!! Can you imagine my horror, when I realized how large I had become! Why, oh why had my husband not told me? Yes, I saw myself everyday as I applied my make-up and styled my hair. However I did not get a full length body shot in the mirror every day. In fact the more I thought about it, when I sat down to do my hair and makeup the mirror just let me see about boobs up. As a began to take an inventory of what my body really looked like now. I will be honest with you I was overwhelmed!!! I thought is it even possible to loose this much weight without surgery? I just did not know.
Then last fall, I attended the Friday night football game, at our local High School. It is the event of the week in a small town! Notice all the kids out on the field for the pre-game welcome of our high school football team. I mean to tell you the whole town shows up for the Friday night football game. (think Friday Night Live, TV show). It was there that I spotted a lady who had once been heavy who was amazingly skinny!!! I had to know right then and there -How? What did she do? I did not realize it then, but seeing her success made me realize that there was hope for me, I had potential to lose weight to. After all, if she could do it, so could I!
I started gathering information on how she had done it, talking over the possibility that I should really
gear up and try to lose the weight I had accumulated. I decided to start in January after the holiday (after all I had decided it would be very hard to start during that time of year). My husband, and my mom
became my cheerleaders! They refused to accept excuses from me. They told me it was possible to lose the weight if I really tried.

So I have to tell you as of this week I am down 56.3pounds. I am so excited that I moving right along in this weight loss journey that I am on! I was stopped yesterday at the grocery store in my
small town and was asked how I am losing my weight. Yeah! Clerks at the store are even noticing all
my hard work!! I have to tell you I have 44 pounds left to go - but I now know it is possible! I can do this
and I will do this. If you need to lose weight, or are starting to question if it is possible and even worth
trying I want to encourage you to see the potential in yourself! You can do this!

4 comments:

  1. The weight loss news just keeps getting better & better!
    Think of where you were Christmas and look at where you are now!!!!
    I.Am.So.Proud.Of.You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-Hoo! Way to go girl!!
    Please share how you are doing it. My hubby & I are going to get serious. He had a heart attack last week at 35 yrs old. So scary.
    It happened due to being overweight & his blood pressure has gone very high.
    I am thinking I will do WW again, just not sure.
    Exercise 3-4x a week for sure. Interested in how you are losing & keeping it off :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please give me a kick in the rear or a hard time for skipping out on the gym. I really want to lose some weight but I'm having a lot of trouble with motivation.
    I saw you were at the gym today (FB check-in) and I was SO PROUD of you!
    Way to go. You are my inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are truly an inspiration! Congrats...Hooray...and keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails