About Me

My photo
I have discovered it is really hard to be Queen in a household with 3 princesses! Somebody is always borrowing my tiara! Well in between hunting my stuff down I am the proclaimed Queen in the Land of fluff (where my husband swears one day that he will die from glitter lung (you get the picture!) Besides that I am a dieting, exercising, crafting, biblestudying kind of girl.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Cupcakes make the world a sweeter place




What is it about cupcakes that catch our eyes, and get our taste buds salivating? On the show "Bunheads" the referenced a "cupcake vending machine, like an ATM that dispensed all types of cupcakes" and all the girls eyes on the show got as Big as saucers!!




I saw the other day that there is an actual "Cupcake Truck", just like an ice cream truck but even better! This one sells Cupcakes!!



And yes there are certain time of the month that I wish this truck had my address (ha!)


A cup cake seems indulgent but also safe (because it's got built in size proportion). Everyone might not like cake but a lot of people do based on when we celebrate birthdays, weddings or even funerals we bring or serve cake. Cake comes in all kinds of flavored to enjoy: chocolate, red velvet, banana, Italian creme, etc... I feel very decadent when I have a cupcake for my breakfast. I delight in every morsel, relishing it all!! Which makes me think of God and his word. I think this must be what the Psalmist was thinking about to when he wrote:

"Taste & see the Lord is good.". Psalm 34:8a

God's word is to be as delightful as a cupcake! I know when I am excited in the morning to get up grab a cup of coffee and open my bible & see what God has to tell me today, it is a delight to my soul! I feel energized, loved, companionship!!

"Your statues are my delight, they are my counselors" Psalm 119:24



Hey and if I can manage to dive into my bible & a cupcake, well then it is a very good morning!!



How's your mornings been lately? Have you taken time to enjoy time with God? If not what's standing in your way? Do you meet with God another time of the day?


What's your favorite cupcake? Mine is anything chocolate!! (hey, just keeping it real!)




(here I am at age 13, posing for a picture with my birthday cake)
Amy

2 comments:

  1. Look at that beautiful red hair - my beautiful AMY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meeting with God first thing in the morning makes my day better. No matter what happens, He sweetened my day. Chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting are my favorite. You were so pretty at 13 and I can see that you are a lovely lady today. I like your perspective.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails