About Me

My photo
I have discovered it is really hard to be Queen in a household with 3 princesses! Somebody is always borrowing my tiara! Well in between hunting my stuff down I am the proclaimed Queen in the Land of fluff (where my husband swears one day that he will die from glitter lung (you get the picture!) Besides that I am a dieting, exercising, crafting, biblestudying kind of girl.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, August 13, 2012

The gift of seeing others

How many times, do we rush out of our house to run errands, and encounter lots of people as we rush from place to place trying to complete our "To do list". Only to get back home and not remembering much about the day. Needless to say, no real personal exchange happened with any of the people we encountered. I know I have had days like that!

Especially now days with personal electronic devices that allows me to multi task as I wait in lines, in a waiting room. However, I want to propose sometimes we are so distracted by these devices that we don't hear God's gentle nudging at our hearts when we encounter someone in need. We miss the opportunity to be his hands, his mouth, his eyes to a person in need.

In our busyness we fail to see the needs of others! We need to slow down.
How about if we make time to be more aware of those God has placed in our path. Make attempt to make eye contact, give the gift of a smile or hello and really, really see the person we are encountering. I think we may see that God is calling us to minister to those our path crosses, not necessarily in giving our testimony, but by blessing others with his love, his kindness, his patience and gentleness. This could make such a difference in that persons life, as well as preparing the soil for the planting of seeds that God wants to place in their life.

Who knows, in noticing others and blessing others someone just might see you and bless you.

Lord, I pray that my schedule would be open to your "To do list" today, not just mine. Let me be your ears, your mouth, your hands to another person today. Let me bless others by really seeing them! -Amen

I hope you all have a good Monday!


-Amy

2 comments:

  1. You are wise beyond your years.
    That's so true in today's culture - perhaps we are "plugged in" a little too often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so good. People don't care what you know or have to say if you don't show that you care.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails