About Me

My photo
I have discovered it is really hard to be Queen in a household with 3 princesses! Somebody is always borrowing my tiara! Well in between hunting my stuff down I am the proclaimed Queen in the Land of fluff (where my husband swears one day that he will die from glitter lung (you get the picture!) Besides that I am a dieting, exercising, crafting, biblestudying kind of girl.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Freeze




A very sweet lady that my husband works with has been having an over flow of zucchini. Which we have benefited from!!

I adore zucchini bread in the fall -seasoned with cinnamon & other spices it screams "Welcome to Fall". The zucchini is the most expensive thing to buy in making this bread. Did you know that you can freeze shredded or grated zucchini for baking? Well you can!

So I've been peeling my zucchini, then grating it, then freezing it in 1 1/2 cups to 2 cup size portions.

I put up 7 packages of zucchini the other day. They will wait until that perfect baking day in the fall, when I can pull them from the freezer & make lots of bread to eat & share with neighbors and friends!

Do you freeze or can any veggies or fruit from this time of year?


Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails