About Me

My photo
I have discovered it is really hard to be Queen in a household with 3 princesses! Somebody is always borrowing my tiara! Well in between hunting my stuff down I am the proclaimed Queen in the Land of fluff (where my husband swears one day that he will die from glitter lung (you get the picture!) Besides that I am a dieting, exercising, crafting, biblestudying kind of girl.
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, June 8, 2012

Does Tulsa have spoiled rotten kids?

Parenting.com recently released a survey that babycenter.com conducted over the last three years tracking how much money was spent on food, clothing, electronic items and toys on kids to teens. They released this study labeling the cities that spent the most per a kid as having the most "spoiled" kids. Tulsa, Oklahoma placed in the top 10!




- This study left me scratching my head. Don't get me wrong I do believe that Tulsa, Oklahoma is home to "some" spoiled kids. However, we are just like other communities and towns across America. Some have more material items, some have less, and a lot fall in between.




The study listed Madison, Wi as the city that spent the least per a kid over the last 3 years. When I researched this city, unemployment sky rocketed in 2009. I know as a parent, you may want to buy your kid extra's and new clothes but, (a big but here) if you don't have your regular income coming in, you can't buy extra's that this study tracked.

I noticed that two cities in Texas placed in the top 10. In Oklahoma and Texas much of our economy is based on "Energy" revenue job not manufacturing jobs. I remember watching on the evening news over the last three years and hearing the stories of the common man, "the crisis on main street" is how NBC I believe labeled their coverage of the recession and the cities that were hardest hit. Maybe, just maybe this study does not accurately reflect the countries most spoiled kids, but reflects the towns and cities across America that have been impacted the most during the recession this last 3-4 years.

What do you think? Is your city or state on the list? How has your area weathered the changing economic climate? Have their been drastic changes in your state? I would love to know what you think!
Here is the link to the original article http://www.bundle.com/article/cities-spoil-their-kids-most/
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails