About Me

My photo
I have discovered it is really hard to be Queen in a household with 3 princesses! Somebody is always borrowing my tiara! Well in between hunting my stuff down I am the proclaimed Queen in the Land of fluff (where my husband swears one day that he will die from glitter lung (you get the picture!) Besides that I am a dieting, exercising, crafting, biblestudying kind of girl.
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Summer Reading


I love summertime! I love Playing with my kids, the smell of chlorine, suntan oil, and sunblock in the air. Snow cone shack visits, colorful tongues after enjoying snow cones, or Popsicles. As the days grow hotter I look forward to the time of day that I get to enjoy reading a book.

My Summer reading list includes:
1. Working my way through Janet Evanovich book series centered around the character Stephanie Plum.
2. "22 Britannia Road"
3. "Black List" by Brad Thor
4. "Taking on Giants" by Joe Portale
5. "Growing Grateful Kids" by Susie Larson
6. "Obscure no more" by LeAnne Blackmore
7. "Due or Die" by Jenn McKinlay
8. "Sharing the Gift of Encouragement" by Charles Stanley
9. "A Red Herring without a Mustard" by Alan Bradley.

If your looking to find a good read I have read and recommend one of the following books:
1. "Whistling' Dixie in a Nor'easter" by Lisa Patton. It is a fun read about a southern girl who moves to Vermont, and the challenges she faces.




2. "A Secret Gift" by Ted Gup. What an amazing story about a generous gift to many families in Canton during the Depression. This book is based on a true story and will warm your heart. To learn more you can visit this web address: http://www.asecretgiftbook.com/




3. "Just Too Busy" by Joanne Kraft. A very thought provoking, and challenges every mom to take a closer look at her families schedule.

What I would not recommend:

I must be the only woman in America who did not enjoy the book "Fifty Shades of Gray". I found the book very disturbing that a young lady in America would give her freedom over to a man to be controlled and dominated by, all because she desired a sexual relationship with one man she barely knew. The relationship portrayed in the book is a poor imitation of what real love and caring for another person looks like. I did not waste my time reading the other 2 books in the series.
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails