About Me

My photo
I have discovered it is really hard to be Queen in a household with 3 princesses! Somebody is always borrowing my tiara! Well in between hunting my stuff down I am the proclaimed Queen in the Land of fluff (where my husband swears one day that he will die from glitter lung (you get the picture!) Besides that I am a dieting, exercising, crafting, biblestudying kind of girl.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Love Dare

Well I have finished my second week of doing "The Love Dare". This week was easier for me than the previous week. This week was on how we greet our spouse. Do they feel important and valued, or just in your way? Another main theme that runs through out this book is love is a choice, not a feeling. So it explores our unconditional love for our spouse. The book had us focus on the words we use to describe our mate am I being unconditional or condemning with my words.

The book discussed fighting fair, cherishing your mate, but my favorite chapter was day 14 on "love takes delight" . I love this quote "You get to choose what you treasure. It's not like you're born with certain pre-sets & preferences you're destined to operate from. If you're irritable it's because you choose to be. If you can't function without a clean house, it's because you've decided no other way will do. If you pick at your mate more than you praise them, it's because you've allowed your heart to be selfish. You've led yourself into criticism." This quote from "The Love Dare" by Stephen & Alex Kendrick- really spoke to me, not because I am guilty of criticizing with my words, but does my husband (as well as my children) do they feel important based on what I choose to spend my time on. For example, if I am always busy cleaning, picking up, cooking, etc... what has my husband & my children learned of what is important & cherished in my heart.

Day 14 really spoke to my heart as a wife and SAHM. As you know our job is one often not every completed. If you finish the laundry it is only done, until people change into their p.j.'s, if you washed the dishes they are only clean until the next meal. The list just rotates more than gets completely done. So This day really made me pause and think about this in regards how do I choose do live the moments of my life.

The challenge or dare for Day 14 was to neglect an activity I would normally do so I can spend time with my spouse instead. To be just together. This day has challenged me to try to not work in the evenings around the house after dinner. To be just available to my husband and children to spend time with.
*****How do you ladies balance your time completing your work and spending time with your hubby and family????

2 comments:

  1. Being a riduculous overachiever, I have to really schedule my time wisely. I treat my stay at home life like a job. I have certain tasks for certain times of the day. Family time is top of the list. Everything else comes after that:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so need to get that book and do this! It sounds so great.
    I don't always balance everything well. Some days I do much better than others.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails